I'll start by introducing myself.... My name is Jessica Green, I am 30 and a half years old! I live with my beautiful wife to be, our two gorgeous, very noisy dogs and our little fish..... he loves to ride the rapids! ( the filter ripples to you and me!!)
I'm on here as I was given some great advice recently from my art tutor on giving myself a purpose, a purpose to create new and unique crafts, then posting them on a blog and writing down little ideas and thoughts when I feel necessary.
You see, 3 years ago I was signed off work with depression and I have had numerous amounts of therapy and counselling and I have found that even though my post traumatic stress therapy went really well and gave me a new view on the situation I am in, that by creating unique pieces such as canvases, paintings, bunting etc really drifts my mind away from the world I really live in. The feeling that I'm a small child hiding away behind a pair of legs every time I leave the house or meet new people. When I'm creating, (which I never knew I had the ability of doing until around 6 months after I was signed off) all those fears leave me alone . The sad thing is though, is that I lost all my UMPHH in making more pieces about 18 months ago and I feel that the only way to build my confidence and inspirations once again is to get creating! And so, as my tutor suggested, by writing a blog and posting my creations on here, it might just give me a purpose to get up, get myself sat at my table and make something new. I don't have to feel pressured into doing it, I don't have to do it everyday, I can just do it when I please, but knowing that this blog is here to come to and record my progress, thoughts and photo's, really does give me the little nudge of purpose I need.
So, as a small reminder to myself and a look into what I can create to you, here are a few pieces I have made in the past.
I hope you enjoy! xxx
I'm on here as I was given some great advice recently from my art tutor on giving myself a purpose, a purpose to create new and unique crafts, then posting them on a blog and writing down little ideas and thoughts when I feel necessary.
You see, 3 years ago I was signed off work with depression and I have had numerous amounts of therapy and counselling and I have found that even though my post traumatic stress therapy went really well and gave me a new view on the situation I am in, that by creating unique pieces such as canvases, paintings, bunting etc really drifts my mind away from the world I really live in. The feeling that I'm a small child hiding away behind a pair of legs every time I leave the house or meet new people. When I'm creating, (which I never knew I had the ability of doing until around 6 months after I was signed off) all those fears leave me alone . The sad thing is though, is that I lost all my UMPHH in making more pieces about 18 months ago and I feel that the only way to build my confidence and inspirations once again is to get creating! And so, as my tutor suggested, by writing a blog and posting my creations on here, it might just give me a purpose to get up, get myself sat at my table and make something new. I don't have to feel pressured into doing it, I don't have to do it everyday, I can just do it when I please, but knowing that this blog is here to come to and record my progress, thoughts and photo's, really does give me the little nudge of purpose I need.
So, as a small reminder to myself and a look into what I can create to you, here are a few pieces I have made in the past.
I hope you enjoy! xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment